So, many people around the world find life hard, especially social situations or intimacy due to lack of self confidence.
Self confidence, what does it mean?
Well the oxford dictionary defines it as a noun that means,
“A feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgement.”
Most people associate a lack of confidence, or low self-esteem with young, women. However 80% of children age 10 are afraid of being fat. According to http://www.befrienders.org
“The World Health Organisation (WHO) estimates that each year approximately one million people die from suicide, which represents a global mortality rate of 16 people per 100,000 or one death every 40 seconds. It is predicted that by 2020 the rate of death will increase to one every 20 seconds.”
Does this not worry anyone?
It scares me, as only a couple of years ago I thought I would just end up as one of those numbers.
However there are people who care, who love and who are working towards help.
What can you do?
1. write a list or have a friend or parent write a list of good qualities and achievements you have
2. It’s simple but, talk to someone. If you don’t feel able to talk to someone write it down and then show someone, they’ll be able to read what you’ve written in their own time.
3. Write down your personal mantra on a little card and keep it somewhere you will see it throughout the day. For example, “I can do this” or “Think positive”. You can even have a few like me, mine are “You are beautiful, inside and out”, “You can and will do this the best you can” and “As long as you try, you will not fail”.
4. Self meetings. Take time out for your self, at least 10 minutes. It doesn’t have to be every day, it can be once a week. You need to devote at least 10 minutes in a calm environment to focus, re-adjust your mind frame. After the 10 minutes you may want to write down what you found hard or the differences you begin to see.
5. keep some kind of diary, again it doesn’t have to be every day. Whenever you feel happy or something good happens write it down, then when something throws you off balance write it down. It helps to get it out, it also will help you find a pattern of what happens when your feeling good. It also will show you your unseen progress.
6. You are unique, do NOT worry about fitting in. You will find your friends, do not let anyone else change you from who you are.
7. 2 for 1. Whenever you say 1 bad thing about yourself, say 2 positive things about yourself e.g. something you achieved or how you look or feel or how you make others feel.
8. Have a look at the types of people you are surrounding yourself with. If the people around you are happy, you are more likely to be happy.
9. Set yourself little goals, such as “Today I will be positive.” Don’t aim too far too soon, because if you don’t reach it you’ll beat yourself up about it.
10. Stuff what everyone else says, if you feel comfortable, or do things differently then BE YOU!
I care about you, so 😛 .